The Master of Education(M.Ed.) Pogram
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) programme is meant for candidates desirous of pursuing post-graduate programme in education. Besides preparing teacher educators, it also aims at preparing educational administrators, supervisors and researchers. This program is intended for educators who wish to critically examine current educational curriculum theory, research, and practice. Participants are encouraged to examine their own instructional practices and to consider carefully the match between their practices and their developing curriculum theories of education.
- To develop among students a clear understanding and application ability of educational psychology.
- To train educational researchers.
- To foster creative thinking among prospective teacher educators.
- To acquaint future educator with the factors and forces (within the school and outside) affecting educational system and classroom situation.
- To enable them to utilize community resources for conducting research.
- To develop communication skills and ability to use Information and Communication Technology for Research and Teaching.
- To develop competency to undertake independent Research in Education.
- To foster in them a desire for life- long learning and research.
- The M.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of two academic year
- The annual intake of the institution for the M.Ed course is 35
- (i) Candidates who have obtained at least 55% Marks in the B.Ed. degree are eligible for admission.
(ii) The reservation for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government / State Government, whichever is applicable.
- Admission Procedure
- Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and/or in the entrance examination or any other selection process as per the policy of the State Government/ the University.
- The institution shall charge only such fee as prescribed by the affiliating body / State Govt concerned in accordance with provisions of NCTE (Guidelines for Regulations of tuition fees and other fees chargeable by unaided teacher education institutions) Regulations, 2002, as amended from time to time and shall not charge donations, capitation fee etc from the students.